Copyright 1999-2008 ©LakeWhatcom.org.
This proposal for lands reconveyance has just appeared on the major public screen. We need more information to either approve, disapprove, or modify such a proposal.
Just for starters, here are some reasonable questions we would ask about ANY such proposal:
And.more questions will follow......
- We need more info on the "plan"?
- Who sat on the "planning committee"?
- What activities will be permitted on these lands?
- How will non-permitted activities be made to not happen?
- How will the deal assure "permanence" of the protection?
- What is the land-ownerships immediately surrounding these properties?
- What will be the access-roads situation?
- Will the access-roads promote/facilitate new public activities ("urbanization")?
- Whose private properties benefit by this change?
- How do use of those other properties affect the water in the LWW?
- What part of the control of uses is in the administrative purview of the County?
- What part of the control of uses is in the administrative purview of the County Parks Dept?
click map for larger image - subject-lands in red:
c: [an error occurred while processing this directive]