This meeting was a sad commentary on the local governments.
After two and a half hours of mostly blabber, and upon being asked if he wished to say anything, the County Executive Pete Kremen yelled from the back of the room: "You're doing great!"
Sorry, Pete, I don't think so.
Tonight they decided to meet again in about three months, and
in the meantime have committees and staff meet. So they needed a big folderol meeting with 14 Councilmembers, five Commissioners, the Mayor and the Executive, numerous staffers and the public, to do this?
Sorry, folks, I don't think so.
Copyright 1999-2008 ©LakeWhatcom.org.
is was the official agenda and materials for the Joint Lake Whatcom Meeting that happened Thursday, Nov 1st.
There is also a fascinating 3 page "Issues for Policy Discussion" document, and other material.
Too bad they never really discussed more that a token number of these items.
Lake Whatcom Joint Councils and Commissioners Meeting
Thursday, November 1, 2007
6:00 P.M. -- 8:30 P.M.
Bellingham Municipal Court Room
2014 C Street
Bellingham, WA 98225
- Introduction and expected outcomes .... 5 minutes .... Chair
- Presentation of 2007 Accomplishment Report .... 5 minutes .... Staff
- Presentation of preliminary draft 2008 Work Plan and Technical Q/A .... 10 minutes .... Staff
- Approve Process for further development of 2008 Work Plan .... 10 minutes .... Chair
- Presentation by Sudden Valley Community Association .... 10 minutes .... Chair
- Public Comment (3 minute limit) .... 20 minutes .... Chair
- Break .... 10 minutes
- Joint Councils/Commissioners Discussion on 2008 Work Plan .... 45 minutes .... Chair
- Joint Councils/Commissioners General Discussion .... 30 minutes .... Chair
- Approve Spring meeting date and wrap up .... 5 minutes .... Chair
c: [an error occurred while processing this directive]